My baby, Teagan, who by the way tells us she is a big girl now, had her first day of pre-school today. She was a little hesitant to walk through the door to meet her teacher but warmed up after a few minutes. I helped her make her marshmellow tower and then quickly snuck out. I do hope she speaks up and talks to the other kids in her class. We hope pre-school will help her not be so shy. I couldn't stop thinking about how small she looked. In my eyes she is still a baby and always will be but for now I will let her show us what a big girl she is. When I picked her up I asked her how School was and she told me she got a treat and played with dinosaurs and played at the park "swing set in the backyard" and said she was tired now. Who knew pre-school could be so exhausting for the kids? It is probably a very smart move we put her in morning pre-school so she can still nap. The words that keep going through my mind today is when we were at our ward campout last month and we were talking to our Bishop and in our conversation I said,"so you have a senior this year?" and he nodded his head and said, " yes, and next week you will too". Just by looking at his expression and listening to the tone in his voice I understood how fast children grow up and yet you wonder where all those years went? I have also been thinking of my father today and remembering many years ago I had the privilege of serving in Primary as a teacher along with my father and we each took turns doing the lesson. My dad had the lesson this particular sunday and I can not remember what the lesson was about but I can remember his visuals he brought to show these 5 year olds. He had a treasure box and told the class that in this box our some of his most treasured possesions. He had some wood toys his grandfather made for him and some pictures of family and then he pulled out a framed picture of me when I was 5 and I still get emotional thinking about this moment but I knew so strongly that day that my dad treasured and loved each of his children and I sincerely felt his love for me that day. (family - this is not to be translated that he has favorites like my family will probably leave comments saying so). Like my father I do treasure my girls and love each of their personalities. I love them for who they are and what great potential I see inside of them. I love watching them grow and learn about the world around them. They teach me everyday many lessons and I am so thankful that a loving Heavenly Father trusts me with some of his dear children, Teagan and Kelty. May our Heavenly Father watch over the both of you this school year and I pray that you will continue to be healthy and make good choices. And to my baby Teagan, Yes you are a big girl too!
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I can't believe Teagan is in preschool! Don't you love Mrs. Hazeldine? Hayden misses her so much. I wish I saw you out running more (maybe that's because I'm not running much any more!) Good luck in the TOU marathon. You are amazing - I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Reading your blog makes me teary eyed... It seems like yesterday, that I saw you in the hospital lobby ready to get checked in to deliver Teagan and me Max.
I also love your brother's video of the temples - I will for sure be showing that to my family this evening!
We need to go running and catch up!
Post a Comment