Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's another September birthday!

Kelty keeps telling us, "I can't believe I am turning 5". You can't believe it but your parents sure can and we have loved almost every minute of it. Exactly five years ago on the eve before Kelty was born, Brett and I drove up to Snowbasin to enjoy the autumn colors and had a picnic discussing our fears and excitement for our first child to be born. What was it going to be like? Are we ready for this? Do we even know what to expect besides all the things we had been told and seen. We knew there would be big changes and a great deal of learning but how could we really even comprehend and know for ourselves the love or joy our parents and our Heavenly parents have for each of us unless you experience it yourself as a parent. Those fears and anxiety of becoming a parent felt through out my pregnancy seemed to disappear as I held my daughter Kelty in my arms for the first time and kissed her cute button nose. Oh, how we adore our Princess Kelty and how we have treasured these 5 precious years her sweet little spirit has brought into our lives and in to our home. Happy Birthday Kelty-Lyn!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELTY.
Steph she is such a doll. I cant believe she is 5 years old.. that is crazy!
YOU DONE GOOD MOMMA!

Josh and Jay said...

Steph! I'm glad all your fears have left! YOu are such a good mom and your daughters are proof!
Happy Birthday Kelty-lyn! Love you!!