As a mother I just have to write about this. One of Kelty's favorite songs right now is Love Story by Taylor Swift. Here is Kelty's love story.
Last Tuesday when I got home from work there was a message on our phone. It was a friend (boy) from Kelty's pre-school. He was asking if Kelty could come over and play after school. I did not get home until later in the afternoon and my mom had picked up Kelty from school. I returned the message and this cute friend answered the phone and he must have known it was Kelty's number because I said Hi is your mom there and he said, um my grandma lives farther away then your grandma and I wanted kelty to come over and play but the day is almost over. I asked if it would be okay for another time and he said yes and hung up the phone. Later that night I asked Kelty about her cute friend and she showed me that he gave her two stickers at school. I asked if she wanted to go play with him another time and at first she said, I can't because I like Caden. This was the end of our conversation. Brett and I laughed about this when I told him what had happened that day. (I think I figured out the grandma part in the phone conversation because Kelty's grandma picked her up from school so this cute friend's mother must have told him that Kelty couldn't come over and play because she was with her grandma)
Thursday I got a call from Kelty's friend again before school and he asked very politely if Kelty could come over after school and play. I asked Kelty if she wanted to and she said yes. She also colored him a picture that she got from Monday night's Family Home Evening - We talked about Heavenly Father's plan for me (not that this meant anything in particular). After school, Kelty's friend said come on Kelty you can come over and play and she got in their car and I followed her over so I knew where to pick her up at. I already know this family so it was perfectly fine. I just couldn't believe it already. You could tell this little boy likes my Kelty. When I came to pick up Kelty she was all smiles. Her friends mother called to tell me that I think my little guy loves Kelty because they were watching a movie and he put his hand on her arm. I was just smiling because I just know the innocence in all of this.
So I asked my little Kelty what happened and the conversation went something like this....
Mom.. Now when you play with your friend (boy and any other boys) remember that you are both friends and please use your manners at his home and be very kind.
Kelty..OK
Mom... And please don't play like you are a princess and the boy is a prince. (I don't know where I was trying to go with this but you all understand) We don't kiss okay honey because you want to be friends and have fun playing.
Kelty.. Ok. but is it ok to get a kiss on the cheek?
Mom.. What have you been kissed on the cheek?
Kelty.. Yes!
Mom.. Well I know your friend probably likes you but you need to tell him that you just want to play and that kissing is for when you are alot older and
Kelty.. I know the temple when I am 24. But mom I still want to marry Caden.
Mom.. Okay well we are done talking.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Kelty's first childhood kiss!
Posted by Dagley Family at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
that's so funny! 24 in the temple :) you have her trained WELL, stephanie.
Wait a second...I am pretty sure he was not his first kiss! Hope Ike is not too heartbroken to hear the news! What a laugh! Too many princess movies:)
Oh my Heavens!! That is so cute!! Love that she is waiting until she is 24 and then in the temple. Great job as a mother.
Post a Comment