Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh the places I am still not ready for you to go to just yet





I am just remembering Kelty's first day of pre-school and all of us mom's brought our sweet children to Taylor Tots and all the other mom's were hugging and kissing their child goodbye and Kelty jumped out of the car and ran for the stairs and I told Kelty to wait so I could give her a hug and walk her to her room but she waived and said bye mom and took off running. She was down the stairs, backpack hung and washing her hands at the sink by the time I came in. She was born ready for school and has had a love for learning and reading early in life. Today she was typing everyone's name on the computer for practice. She wasn't just playing games she was typing. All the other mom's were talking and saying, "Oh I am going to cry right now because my baby is growing up and already in pre-school and I said well I'm not crying for that reason I am crying because my daughter didn't even want to kiss me goodbye or let me walk her inside.
Kelty had her first year of pre-school graduation today. I can't believe that the school year is over. Kelty has had a fun teacher and really liked her friends at school. We met at Hess Farm park and had a picnic and both Grandma's came. Kelty's class did a cute singing presentation well everyone else sang except for Kelty. She just stood there and didn't move a bit. Stage fright maybe but I was told she takes after me a little. I won't open presents up in front of people or even go up to get a medal if I placed in a race. When I asked Kelty later today how come she didn't sing today with her class since I have heard her singing the songs and this was her reply, "cuz I said to myself this is not my school this is a park". There you have it.

0 comments: