Saturday, May 17, 2008

initiation

It is official Brighton has been initiated into the world of marathon running. This morning we both ran the Ogden marathon. She called me early in the year and asked me to run with her. Thanks for letting me tag along. It was Brighton's first marathon ever and my first time running this marathon. What a beautiful run.
Brett's work volunteered at the start line handing out water and picking up trash. It was cool to have Brett up there and the plus side was we didn't have to ride the busses up to the start and we got to stay in the truck for an hour and a half instead of freezing at the top.
Mile 23 Steph coming around the corner. This race is so cool. Let me tell you about the yummy stations. They were passing out bubble gum, gummy bears, licorice and cinnamon bears and the usual fruit and drinks.
At the end a great big hug from our little Teagan. After this kiss she told me that I needed to take a bath because I stinked. At least she is honest. Oh and those yummy treats at the finish were excellent too. I probably lost 5 pounds running and then gained it back eating great harvest bread, jamba juice and creamies. Did I mention that it was 80 out running!! We did it Brighton! So proud of you. Do you want to run Top of Utah?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You go girl!! Now lets talk about getting you started in Triathlons alrighty? So get this while I was running yesterday, I was thinking....Steph is running too! How cool is that?
Anyway...heres a mission memory for you! Its Sunday evening and I am doing a little weekly planning and making banana bread. Oh its a great weekend!

Dagley Family said...

Rebecca - You don't happen to use those blue weekly planners still? Banana bread sounds really good right now. Maybe I should make some.

Josh and Jay said...

Thanks for running with me and helping me to keep going. You are an amazing runner!! Love ya

Heather said...

I still can't believe you ran a marathon last weekend and didn't tell me! You are a great runner - thank you for letting me tag along with you. You motivate me to wake up in the morning and then to run a little farther and a little faster.

I'll see you bright and early in the morning - you are awesome!