I don't know why I just do. Could it be that there is still one more month of summer left or because I got married in August? or because all the fun family vacations are in this month (Bear Lake, Cabin/Park City)? When I was a kid we would do our school shopping in this month and it is a fun memory for me. My mom would take each child one on one for an afternoon and we would buy our clothes and school supplies and go to lunch together. I am looking forward to taking the girls school shopping even though it is only for pre school but there is nothing wrong with starting the tradition now. I don't know why I love August so much but honestly I was just so excitted yesterday and could hardly contain myself when I went to sleep last night that it was the eve of August. Hooray for August!! Call me crazy. There is one thing pointed out by my brother that there are no holidays in August but I think the whole month is a holiday at least at our house since I think Brett is only working 7 days with all his time off.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Happy August! I love summer, too! I wish I had girls to school shop for. I guess I'll just have to get myself a few things... :)
I am so jealous! I want to have an August:) Umm...maybe that will come in September!
Post a Comment