Tonight we walked over to the temple with the girls. Kelty wanted to pick the pretty flowers but Teagan she wanted to go into the temple. She asked me if she could go in the door and I told her she had to be bigger and she raised up on to her tippy toes and said I am bigger mom I want to go in. Then I tried explaining she needed a piece of paper called a temple recommend to go in to the temple and I asked Brett to open his wallet and he pulled out our temple recommends. I showed her what it looked like and explained how we got one and then she grabbed mine and said Ok mommy I am going into the temple. What a smart cookie. There was no stopping her and I pray she will always be that determined to get to the temple. Also, this morning Brett and I did a session at the temple and our session was so full. They brought in folding chairs and tried to cram as many people in. This is a good problem to have. The cute native lady sitting by me named Ada said I guess everyone had the same idea we had to come to the temple. I told her I was visiting and then she told me how the temple is closing next month on the 29th for 18 months to be renovated. She then told me, "Where am i going to pray for 18 months?" It is too expensive to fly over to Kona and it is cheaper to fly to vegas but I can't afford a plane ticket so I will come to the temple every day it is open until it closes next month. I asked her if she lived in this city and she said she was from the other side of the island and that it take her an hour and a half to drive to the temple. I realized how much I take the temple for granted. Brett and I made a goal before we married to go to the temple once a month and there have only been a few months that we have missed in our 9 years of marriage but I thought of this sweet lady who will have to wait 18 months to attend again and I told her that I will go for her as much as i can. I have made a new goal now. The temple will have a new meaning for me now. I am so thankful for teaching moments like today. It was touching to teach my daughter, Teagan about the temple but I realize that my Heavenly Father taught me a valuable lesson as I heard those words today, " Where am I going to pray the next 18 months?" We need the temple more then ever to face the adversary and trials in our lives. 
Friday, November 28, 2008
Laie Temple day - Families are forever!
Posted by Dagley Family at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
WOW! That's all I have to say.
That is an inspiring story... Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment